Thursday, December 9, 2010

december daily - {day 9}

Translation of today's story:
When I came home today I found Holger sleeping on the couch, tired from work. I wanted to do him a favor and started cooking our dinner. I must have been tired myself (at least unconcentrated), because when I reached for the oil I set myself on fire.
Well, not exactly me, but my beautiful pink scarf, which I apparently held in the stove's gas flame!
The flames leaked up quickly and I didn't know what to do first: trying to drag the scarf from my neck (wound 3 times around it...not easy to get rid of it while panicking) or to "suffocate" the fire...
My (admittedly not very loud) squeals "ooooooh....fire...my scarf...!" didn't wake up Holger, but in the end nothing worse happened than that my beautiful scarf is on the fritz....but better than me, don't you agree?
Heute gibt's die "Story" wieder auf deutsch...einfach auf das Foto klicken, um den Text besser lesen zu können.


This post is part of a series. If you should want to read all, click here.

Dieser Post ist Teil einer ganzen Reihe. Falls Ihr alle Einträge lesen wollen solltet, bitte hier klicken.

9 comments:

  1. Yikes!!! So glad you are okay and that you were able to get the scarf off before the flames got you! Oh my that would have been scary.

    I love your blog by the way :0
    Hello from Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. OhMyGosh Julia! That is SCARY! I'm so glad nothing worse happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been so scary! I'm so sorry about your beautiful scarf but so relieved that you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gut dass dir nichts passiert ist. Aber natürlich schade um den Schal.
    Und da dir, Gott sei Dank, nichts passiert ist, kann man ja jetzt über schön über diese Adventsgeschichte schmunzeln. Vielleicht ist es auch ein Hinweis, dass wir Frauen das mit dem Kochen lieber lassen sollten und uns mit dem beschäftigen sollten, was wir wirklich können. Also lieber ab ins Näheckchen?!

    Liebe Grüße
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julia! Holy smoke alarms, Batman!!! Who knew that looking fashionable and staying warm when cooking dinner could be hazardous to your health!! So glad the you were able to put the flames out before you were hurt ... but Holger was surprised to hear your adventure when he woke up!! Did you have take-away for dinner that night?? :0) Stay safe! Bear Hugs! (Maybe it should be Smokey The Bear Hugs today! Tee! Hee! Hee! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Julia, ein Glück, dass Du okay bist! Was da alles hätte passieren können, schrecklich!
    Einen schönen, feuerfreien Tag wünsche ich Dir :)
    Liebe Grüße,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liebe Julia,
    keine Frage!! Besser der Schal als Du!!! Auch wenns schade um den Schal ist. Aber veilleicht ist ja auf Deinem Wunschzettel noch eine Zeile frei für einen schönen neuen Schal.

    Ganz liebe Grüße und pass gut auf Dich auf!!!
    MOnika

    ReplyDelete
  8. GASP!!!

    what a bittersweet photo that this. Wrapped 3 times!? You are SO fortunate to be okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh, da hast du aber nochmal Glück gehabt. Mit der Zeit verliert man etwas den Respekt vor dem Gasherd (ich bin mit Elektro aufgewachsen), aber es ist gut, sich von Zeit zu Zeit wieder daran zu erinnern, dass es offenes Feuer ist.
    viele Grüße!

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!