Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

mug rug #2...scrappy binding is good...seams on 3 edges not so good :(
I made another mug rug ~ well, this one ended as a Cuba Libre Alfombra for Holger *g*.
This time I used an old (like, about hundred years old) linen I once purchased at a flea market and machine appliquéd the quarter Dresden Plates. The quilting wasn't planned at all...just went on with my 1/4" foot. For this rug I pulled out the Hobbs Organic Cotton batting leftovers...and I think I've just found the perfect batting for mug rugs...
cuba libre alfombra *g*
Jepp, ich hab noch 'nen Mug Rug genäht ~ naja, dieser hier endete eher als Cuba Libre Alfombra für Holger *g*.
Diesmal habe ich ein aaaaaltes (wirklich, so etwa hundert Jahre alt) Leinen verwendet, das ich irgendwann mal auf einem Flohmarkt erstanden habe. Darauf habe ich die drei Viertel-Dresden Plates mit der Maschine appliziert. Das Quilting war völlig planlos und ich habe einfach ein bisschen mit meinem Patchworkfuß drauflos gequiltet. Für diesen "Teppich" ;) habe ich einen Rest des Hobbs Organic Cotton Vlieses genommen...und ich glaube, ich habe das perfekte Batting für Mug Rugs gefunden...
Aside from mug rugging I worked on the 'secret' quilt (thanks, Peg, for your help...she offered to press the blocks while I happily sewed them together...yay!). I'm still waiting for its backing to arrive...no yay for this!

Außerdem habe ich noch am 'Geheimquilt' weiter gearbeitet (Danke, Peg, für Deine Hilfe! Sie hat mir - freiwillig - geholfen, die NZG zu bügeln während ich an der Nähmaschine sitzen durfte...*freu*!). Ich warte immer noch darauf, dass der Stoff für's Backing bei mir eintrudelt...*nicht-freu*.

8 comments:

  1. Love Holgers Mug Rug !!! :o))
    They are just the most clever things I have seen in a while!!

    Your secret sewing is coming a long very nice!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Plume! Cute mug rug! I need to make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mug rug...and your Tula Pink quilt is looking amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mug rug and the fabrics for your secret santa look fabulous

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... das ist mein Cubalibre :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Klasse Julia, sieht wieder super aus!!!
    Hast tolle Ideen...
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooo love love the mug rug!
    schon!
    ~Monika in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mug rug is gorgeous! I want one just like it!!

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!