Friday, November 5, 2010

friday fabric focus - {fig tree fabrics}

Friday again! Before I leave for our friend's wedding I wanted to post this weeks feature...fabric designed by Fig Tree Quilgs! Yes, aside for my (quite) new enthusiasm for contemporary ('modern') fabrics I have a soft spot for the more traditional, too! I just love the feel/aesthetics that Joanna Figueroa creates with her designs...it gives me a homey feeling...and there are many polka dots in her collections!
Although I have to admit that the last collections (Buttercup, Fresh Cottons, Mill House Inn for example) didn't bring excitingly new aspects, I love them anyway. Sometimes consistency is just right.
First I wanted to show you every piece of fabric I own but then I realized that my stash has grown quite a bit in the last years and they didn't fit on the little table *blush*. It's time for another Fig Tree quilt! (Here's my first one...)
Und wieder ist Freitag! Bevor ich zur Hochzeit unserer Freunde gehe, wollte ich noch schnell den heutigen Fabric Focus posten...Stoffe von Fig Tree Quilts! Ich mag das Gefühl, welche die Designs von Joanna Figueroa transportieren...sie vermitteln so ein gemütliches Flair...und es gibt einige Polka Dots! Heeheee...
Obwohl ich ja sagen muss, dass gerade die letzten Kollektionen (Buttercup, Fresh Cottons, Mill House Inn zum Beispiel) nicht wirklich etwas überraschend Neues gezeigt haben, mag ich sie wirklich gern. Manchmal ist Konstanz gerade richtigig.
Eigentlich wollte ich Euch jedes einzelne Fitzelchen Fig Tree Stoff zeigen, das in meinem Haus herumfliegt, aber dann musste ich feststellen, dass das gar nicht auf meinen kleinen Foto-Tisch drauf passt...uuups. Ich würd' mal sagen, es wird allerhöchste Zeit für einen neuen Fig Tree Quilt! (Hier ist übrigens mein erster...)

Oh, by the way, I love the fabric so much that I created a flickr group dedicated to all things Fig Tree...if you have pictures of your fabric or projects you want to share, feel free to add them to the group pool!

Fig Tree Quilts. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Oh, bevor ich es vergesse...ich finde die Stoffe sooo schön, dass ich eine flickr group "gegründet" habe, in der Ihr alle Fotos von FT Projekten/Stoffen/etc. posten könnt.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those colors in your stash! Hope the wedding is really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!