Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ummm...hello?

Umm....hello? When I logged in into my blog account it literally asked me 'Sorry, but you are...?' Yes, I've been an awful blogger for the last...year or so... but I want to make a fresh start...I even considered starting a new blog, starting from zero...but nope, in real life that's impossible, too, so this must do it: *ta-daa!* *bling bling* ;o).
I won't bore you with all what I did since the last post (mostly working) so I searched my hard drive for some pictures of things I've made but didn't came around to show you (quite difficult, because I didn't accomplish much and on top I 'moved' to a new computer & still haven't all my data from the backup drive yet...)
O.K., here we go:
The bag I made for my mom's birthday last year (it's a Moda Bakeshop Recipe by Jody of Pleasant Home). I let her pick the colors herself because I wanted it to be entirely her bag...she chose Minick & Simpson's 'Wiscasset' if I'm not mistaken...sorry for the slightly blurry pictures...I did them in December and as you can guess, the light was awful...

Ähmmm...hallo? Als ich mich letztens in meinen Blogger Account eingelogt habe, wurde ich leicht indigniert gefragt: 'Und Sie sind...?' Jaaa...ich war im letzten Jahr alles andere als ein guter Blogger...aber das soll sich jetzt wirklich ändern...I hab sogar darüber nachgedacht, einen ganz neuen Blog anzufangen, aber das geht ja auch im echten Leben nicht...daher muss ein *Ta-daaa!* *BlingBling* reichen ;o).
Hier eine kleine Zusammenfassung dessen, was ich in der letzten Zeit so gemacht habe, aber noch nicht hier veröffentlicht habe...
Die Tasche habe ich für meine Mama genäht; sie hat sich die Stoffe selbst ausgewählt (Minick & Simpson's 'Wiscasset'). Die Fotos sind leider leicht unscharf, aber es war tiefster Winter, als ich sie gemacht habe...


A litte bit more close up: 

Aus einer anderen Perspektive:

Also from last year it's the birthday quilt for my cousin which I finished quilting about one year after the top was clompleted...I'm glad this one now resides at its new home...I quilted this 'monster' (I call all big quilts I have to wrestle with that name...I really loved this one!) with my Bernina, quilting a 1 1/2" diagonal grid within the 54-40-or-fight blocks & outlined the 'designer' blocks in the green border...
Auch im letzten Jahr fertig gestellt - der Geburtstagsquilt meiner Cousine. Ich habe dieses Riesen-Monster mit einem diagonalen 1 1/2" Raster  (Maschine) bzw. die von der Familie gestalteten Blöcke in der grünen Umrandung gequiltet.

 Detail of Dani's quilt:

Detail von Danis Quilt:

 The last time I showed you the 'Louisa' Schnibbles...until now it's about 2/3 quilted...at the moment it's simply too hot to work on this one but my goal is, to finish it before the 1st December (....um...THIS year!):


Das letzte Mal habe ich  'Louisa' Schnibbles WIP gezeigt...dieses ist jetzt ca. 2/3 gequiltet...aber momentan ist es schlichtweg zu warm zum Quilten...soll aber noch vor dem 1. Dezember (...öhm...DIESES JAHRES) fertig gemacht werden:

 Speaking of December & Christmas...here's the little Tilda stitchery I've completed about two years ago and finally got it framed this year...:

Da ich gerade bei Dezember & Weihnachten bin...hier ist ein kleines Tilda-Stitchery, welches ich vor etwa 2 Jahren gestichelt habe, aber erst dieses Jahr gerahmt wurde...:


Despite my best intentions, I wasn't that good with keeping on track regarding the Year of Schnibbles Challenge - but at least I finished the May Schnibbles, in my case: 'Open Season'! I couldn't resist and add some 'unruly' geese...some are always marching to a different drummer:

Trotz meiner besten Vorsätze war ich nicht wirklich erfolgreich damit, bei den A Year of Schnibbles Quilts auf dem Laufenden zu bleiben - aber wenigstens habe ich das Mai-Schnibbles, 'Open Season' genäht! Ich konnte nicht widerstehen & musste ein paar Gänse nähen, die aus der Reihe tanzen:

 Next, my WallflowerJ quilt (you can guess, I keep this one, it has my inital on it ;o))
It's machine pieced and quilted, hand appliquéd & I'll add some big stitch quilting in the appliqué areas when I've found the right color perlé cotton. Dear Holger had a hard time holding up this one because I couldn't get one straight shot...but I guess you get the picture.
The pattern is 'Wallflower' by the talented Camille Roskelley of Thimbleblossom, but slightly altered (no ric rac & I made it a bit bigger). I even used the same fabric. I LOVE the checked border fabric. 

Als nächstes: mein 'WallflowerJ' Quilt (unschwer zu erkennen, dass ich diesen behalte, hat schließlich meine Initiale drauf ;o) ). Sowohl mit Maschine genäht als auch gequiltet, Applis per Hand, ein bisschen größer als in der Anleitung von Camille Roskelley von Thimbleblossoms angegeben. Mir gefiel der Quilt so gut, dass ich sogar die gleichen Stoffe wie im Original gewählt habe. Und ich gebe zu, ich LIEBE den Border-Stoff...!


Last but not least, here's a little monster creation I made for the son of a former fellow worker. I called him Boo!
You wouldn't guess how arkward it was to sew with a material other than cotton...so this one turned out quite wonky, and surely I need to improve my softie/toy making skills...

Zu guter Letzt wollte ich Euch noch ein kleines Monster namens Boo! vorstellen, das ich für den Sohn einer ehemaligen Arbeitskollegin genäht habe.
Nachdem ich sonst immer mit 100 % Baumwolle nähe, war das Arbeiten mit dem Fleece mehr als merkwürdig...und ganz sicher bedürfen meine Kuscheltier-Näh-Fähigkeiten einiger Verbesserung... ;o)



By for now, I hope to post again in a few days about what I'm currently working on...
Hugs, Julia

So, das war's für heute; ich hoffe, Euch demnächst noch einiges mehr zeigen zu können.
Julia

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Life does seem to get away from us sometimes...but then, blogger seems to forget me on a weekly basis! Love Wallflower, nice to see someone elses... I used the same fabrics too, too nice to change it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Julia. Schön mal wieder was von Dir zu sehen. Wenn ich auch nicht ganz versteh, wieso ich es nur in Englisch sehe. Aber egal, schön das Du wieder da bist.
    LG
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey! Sis has surfaced! Love your work and that wonky monster is adorable, he has real character!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, Hi, Hi, Hi - it's soooo good to 'see' you! I love all your projects - you've been very, very busy. I've missed you don't stay way so long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julia! YOU'RE BACK! YAY! I just KNEW if I kept you in my RSS feeds list that one day a post would pop up on your blog! It's lovely to have you back in blogland! And how industrious you've been in amongst your work busy-ness. Your Mum's bag is lovely and looks to be a handy size. Love all your quilts, especially the one with the naughty geese flying off in the wrong direction! Why do I feel close to those rebellious little geese?! Tee! Hee! Hee! Looking forward to catching up with you more often now that you're back in blogland - we missed you! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey still had you in bloglines so when you posted it popped up........pleased you didn't start a new blog..........I would have lost you then.........love all the projects you have been working on since you last posted..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh Julia.. it have been my pleasure to catch up your blog.. wonderful as always... Monsters ..big quilts .. sweet quilts.. they are all wonderful..:o))

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!