Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stash Manicure Backstage Report I ~ Pillow Talk


 Some posts ago I told that I found a great way to use my little 1 1/2" scraps making the Stashbuster Block by Little Miss Shabby. 


Vor einer Weile habe ich davon erzählt, dass ich den Stashbuster Block von Little Miss Shabby für meine zahlreichen 1 1/2" Scraps verwenden möchte.
As I had many 1 1/2" squares left over from making Joy Luck (of course I didn't read the instructions carefully and ended up cutting said squares off the rail fence blocks).
A perfect combination which resulted in a matching pillow for my favourite armchair. I am already daydreaming of snuggling up under my quilt, stuffing the pillow behind my back to stitch or to read on a colder autumn evening...;o)
For this pillow I only used scraps: scraps of batting as well as (bigger) scraps of background fabric from various projects. I tried to add piping instead of a binding for contrast, but I'm not satisfied with the outcome...does anyone know a good tutorial for that?

Da ich von meinem Joy Luck Schnibbles noch einige 1 1/2" Quadrate übrig hatte {natürlich habe ich die Anleitung nicht vollständig durchgelesen und musste daher meine Rail Fence Blöcke noch einmal kleiner schneiden}.
Beide zusammen eine super Kombination, die in einem passenden Kissenbezug für meinen Lieblingssel führte. Ich freu mich schon so darauf, mich mit meinem Quilt, das Kissen im Rücken darauf einzukuscheln und an einem kalten Herbstabend zu sticheln oder zu lesen ;o).
Für das Kissen wurden nur Scraps verwendet: für das Vlies genauso wie für die Hintergrundstoffe, die von verschiedenen Projekten übrig waren (Vorder- und Rückseite haben unterschiedlich weiße HG-Stoffe; fällt aber nicht so auf). Ich habe mich, anstatt eines Bindings für den Kontrast, an einer Paspel (ohne Kordelfüllung) versucht...bin aber so gar nicht zufrieden mit dem Ergebnis. Kennt jemand vielleicht ein gutes Tutorial?
 I even incorporated the strips I accidently cut too small for one of the previous quilts for the back...and covered the buttons with scraps of the blue polka dot print.

Ich habe sogar die zu schmalen Streifen, die ich falsch für einen der Quilts zugeschnitten habe, für die Rückseite zu verwenden....die Knöpfe wurden mit Resten des blauen Polka Dot Stoffs bezogen.
I know this won't be the last time I made a Stashbuster Block...! And I think I've acquired a taste for pillows/pillow covers...they're easy and quick to make...instant gratification!
BTW, it's my first August finish - yay!


Das wird garantiert nicht der letzte Stashbuster Block gewesen sein...! Und ich denke, ich bin auf den Geshmack gekommen, Kissen zu nähen....einfach und schnell zu nähen...mit eingebautem schnellen Erfolgserlebnis ;o)!
Oh, es ist übrigens mein erstes 'Finish' für den August - juhuu!



Bye for now,
Julia

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that cushion. Looks fab. Might have to make one like that myself :-) Can't help on the piping, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just popped over to say hi! I was at the stash manicure just before I love your photos ,they are so professional looking I need to work on mine, I envite you to my blog and let me know what you think of my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love it Julia - very cute design! The colors are so pretty -- they remind me of Bonnie and Camille's new fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect little stash buster project.. congratulations on being on the Stash Manicure blog..:O))) Its a lovely pillow.. and instant gratification.. I hear you... lol..

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!