Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sometimes...


...sometimes you make big steps like an elephant...sometimes just tiny steps like a mouse...
In other words - I've completed another block of the Designer Mystery BoM.
I substituted the 11th block with a block from the Vintage Memories BoM. The original Block by Debbie Beaves, "Swing Your Partner Star", though I really don't believe it to be intended, reminded me somehow of a swa***ka. I just couldn't bring myself to piece that...but I really like the substitute. 
Funny: Although I knew my friend Monika had done the same, I didn't recall which block she had chosen...after auditioning my BoM block collection I decided on the #1 block...coincidentially the same block she did!
I'll remember this block as 'Monica's Choice'  ;o)
...manchmal geht's mit riesen Schritten vorwärts, manchmal jedoch nur kleckerweise...
Mit anderen Worten - ich habe einen weiteren Designer Mystery Block fertig.
Allerdings habe ich den 11. Block mit einem Muster des Vintage Memories ersetzt. Der eigentlich Block von Debbie Beaves, "Swing your Partner Star", hat mich einfach zu sehr - wobei sicherlich nicht beabsichtigt - an das Swa***ka-Symbol. Das wollte ich nun wirklich nicht in meinem Quilt haben....ich mag das Resultat!
Netter Zufall am Rande: Obwohl ich natürlich weiß, dass meine liebe Freundin Monika das gleiche mit ihrem Block 11 gemacht hatt, wusste ich nicht mehr genau, mit welchem Block sie den ursprünglichen ersetzt hat...naja, nach langem Suchen und testen hatte ich mich dann für Block #1 entschieden...zufälligerweise genau den, den sie auch ausgesucht hatte!
Der Block wird mir wohl als 'Monikas Wahl' in Erinnerung bleiben ;o)

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's such a pretty block Julia. A block within a block within a block -- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the block you used! It's absolutely gorgeous, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the block you chose! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Julia,
    bei so intensivem Fachsimpeln kann das schon mal passieren ;)! Aber Deine Farbwahl gefällt mir besser als meine.

    Ganz liebe Grüße und einen dicken Knuddeldrück
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julia! Your block looks fabulous - so lovely and neat! How funny that you and your friend both chose the same block without talking about it! My bestest buddy and I do things like that a lot and joke that we share a brain! :0) Can't wait to see your quilt finished cos it's going to look SPECTACULAR!!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fair enough, and that block youve made looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!