Sunday, November 14, 2010

Guess what...!?

I've been playing this week...nope, neither with the quilt that has to be finished by next week, nor with my Secret Santa pressies that are also due by the same time...nor with the mug rugs I have committed to for a swap in a German quilting board.

Ich habe diese Woche gespielt...nöp, weder mit dem Quilt, der bis nächster Woche fertig sein muss, noch mit meinem Julklapp-Geschenk, das ebenfalls nächste Woche abgegeben wird...noch mit den Mug Rugs, die ich für einen Swap in einem deutschen Quilt-Forum nähen will.
GO! cutter by accuquilt
(sorry for the wrinkled double hour glass)
I just couldn't resist, though...because on Wednesday a HUUUUUUGE parcel arrived at my doorstep! What else than to GO! and play right away could I do? Would you blame me? (I hope your answer is in unsison 'no'...ehem...)
Yes, I've been fortunate to have been asked by the friendly people of Accuquilt to test their GO! cutter along with three dies in exchange for a tutorial for you on how to use them (and to tell what I think of the product). That's the tricky part, because although I HAVE played with the dies I got, I have totally neglected to take pictures along the way...because I was so excited (I had three blurry unmeaning photos...but I know I can do better!). And on top the scraps I used were just plain ugly to litter my blog with the sewn results...
I will soon play again (with my beautiful fabrics) and will share it with you!
I got three dies: applecore, double wedding ring, and drunkard's path
the secret quilt project gives a nice backdrop, doesn't it? :)
Es ging nicht anders...da am Mittwoch ein RIIIIIEEEESEN Paket vor meiner Tür landete!
Was konnte ich da anderes tun? Kann man's mir verübeln? (Ich hoffe, die Antwort ist nein...ähem..)
Ja, ich bin eine der Glücklichen, die von den freundlichen Leuten bei Accuquilt gefragt wurden, ihren GO! Cutter mitsamt drei weiteren Dies ('Stanzen') zu testen. Um dann ein Tutorial für die Nutzung samt meiner bescheidenen Meinung zu dem Ganzen für Euch zu posten. Tja, und hier wird's schwierig: denn, obwohl ich bereits einige der 'Stanzen' (blödes Wort...gibt's ein besseres???) bereits ausprobiert und erfolgreich etwas zusammen genäht habe, sind die Scraps einfach mal zu hässlich, um meinen Blog damit zu verunstalten...
Aaaaber ich werde garantiert sehr, sehr bald wieder ein bisschen Zeit zum Spielen finden (mit meinen schönen Stöffchen) und die Ergebnisse hier zeigen!
And don't worry, this blog won't become an advertising blog...this is truly an exception...because I just couldn't pass on this opportunity.

Keine Angst, mein Blog wird nicht zu einem Werbeblog mutieren...das ist wirklich eine Ausnahme...meine Neugierde konnte diesem Angebot einfach nicht widerstehen.

13 comments:

  1. How exciting, Julia! I've done exactly what you've done - played with my GO! and failed to take pictures. LOL I received my GO! a month ago and last night I finally posted my first demo with the Dresden Plate die.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh You lucky girl...:o) I hope you will have the best of times and do share some brilliant ways to use the GO!! Way to Go girl!! :o)) Have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! YOU are going to the LOVE the GO!! Have fun!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You like it? Does it waste a lot of fabric? I would get it just to make an apple core quilt. Enjoy the new toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Du Glückliche!!!! Da kommt schon ein klein wenig Neid bei mir auf ;) Ich wünsche Dir ganz viel Spaß beim Ausprobieren und warte schon gespannt auf Deine ersten Berichte!

    Ganz viel Spaß, liebe Grüße und einen dicken Knuddeldrück

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! I'd LOVE to try to double wedding ring die. That's a quilt I've always wanted to make, but I don't have the patience to cut out all those tiny pieces! Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Du Glückliche!
    Wenn Du bei uns in der Nähe wohnen würdest, dann würde ich Dich jetzt besuchen kommen :P
    Ich freu mich schon auf weitere Fotos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you! Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow -- how exciting! There are a few patterns that I think the go would be pretty handy for and that applecore is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful. You are so lucky. HAvefun playing

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. das klingt ja aufregend, ich bin schon sehr gespannt, da sich mir das Prinzip dieser cutter bislang noch nicht erschlossen hat..
    lg von Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  13. lucky you! what a great mail day!

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!