Sunday, January 30, 2011

what i'm doing when i'm procrastinating...

Phew, somehow my motivation is somewhere near zero, although I have several things on my 'must do' list...for example finishing off the January Bee Germany Block or settling on a design for the Scrappy Mug Rug or Doll Quilt Swap.
Sigh.
Instead I played.
Yup, love me some playing.
No, not with fabric.
With PSE & messing around with the Blogger Template Designer...

Pffff, irgendwie ist meine Motivation dieses Wochenende irgendwo bei Null, obwohl ich mehr als nur ein paar Dinge auf meiner 'must do'-Liste habe...z. B. den Januar Bee Germany Block zu Ende zu nähen oder mich endlich mal für ein Design meiner Swaps zu entscheiden.
Seufz.
Stattdessen hab ich gespielt.
Jup, ich spiele geeern.
Nein, diesmal nicht mit Stöffchen.
Sondern mit PSE & dem Blogger Template Designer...
 First, I created a 2nd little girl quilts blog where I can 'store' all those wonderful tutorials in blogland...it's so much better to have a tutorial connected with pictures instead of just a favorite list in my browser...
I haven't added many tutorials yet, but I'm sure there will come more soon...
Maybe you'll want to visit >little girl quilts favorite tutorials< blog.


Erst habe ich einen zweiten little girl quilts-Blog angelegt, auf (in?) dem ich all die tollen Tutorials 'ablegen' kann, die sich in Blogland tummeln...es ist so viel besser, das jeweilige Tutorial mit einem Bild verknüpft zu haben, anstatt lediglich 'ne olle Lesezeichen-Liste im Browser...
Es sind noch nicht allzuviele Tutorials gelistet, aber es werden demnächst sicher mehr...
Vielleicht wollt Ihr mal einen Blick auf meinen >little girl quilts favorite tutorials< Blog riskieren.
 Then I played a bit more and thought I could start another blog which centers around baking & cooking ~ my online recipe box. I've saved that blog name since last year...kinda liked it :):
There's no content yet, but at least a cute header (yes, I'm patting myself a bit on the back...hehe).

Dann hab ich noch ein bisschen weiter gespielt und dachte, ich könnte das gleiche für meine Rezepte tun, quasi mein persönliches Online-Rezeptbuch. Den Blog-Titel hab ich mir schon letztes Jahr gesichert...ich fand den irgendwie nett:
 Inhalt gibt's noch gar nicht, aber zumindest einen niedlichen Header (ja, ich klopf mir ein bisschen selbst auf die Schulter...hihi).
I've uploaded these pics on flickr and the super-talented quilter and Union-Jackist extraordinaire Lynne (see her UJ pattern here) commented that she would like to have a new header like this, too.
So today, while I was alone at home and still avoiding my sewing machine, I started 'designing' (well, this would mean I know what I do, right? So maybe I should write 'muddling') with PSE and this is the final result.

Als ich die beiden Screenshots in meinem flickr-Photostream hochgeladen hab, hat Lynne ~ super-talentierte Quilterin & Union-Jackist extraordinaire (Pattern für einen UJ hier) ~ kommentiert, dass sie auch gerne einen neuen Header haben würde.
Da ich heute ein bisschen Zeit für mich hatte und meine Nina immer noch keine Anziehung auf mich ausübte, hab ich ein bisschen mit PSE gewurstelt und das ist das Endergebnis:
header and blog/flickr button for lynne
copyright by jhmv (little girl quilts)
Here's a screenshot of her blog before she started altering what she didn't like (I helped her with the Blogger Template Designer, too and chose font & colors) - if you head over to Lynne's blog, you can see her final design...she changed the font & date colors and it adds a nice accent!

Hier ist noch ein Screenshot von Lynnes Blog, bevor sie ihn für ihren Geschmack angepasst hat (ich hab ihr auch mit dem Template Designer - d. h. Font & Farben - geholfen). Wenn Ihr Lynnes Blog besucht, könnt Ihr ihr endgültiges Design sehen...sie hat die Schrift & die Datums-Anzeige geändert...passt gut!
lynne's blog >lily's quilts<

Well, now I don't have any more excuses....off to the sewing machine!

Naja, jetzt hab ich keine Ausreden mehr...ab an die Nähmaschine!

10 comments:

  1. Yay Julia, I love it so much - thank you thank you thank you! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've now changed my blogger icon to the longer stem so Im going to leave another comment and see if that shows here - it looks fab! You'll have to read the comments on my blog too, lots of praise for the new look there and on flickr - did you see Aneela Hoey was the first to comment?! How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found my way to you via Lynne. Firstly, you're a mighty talented lady, her blog header (and yours) are wonderful. Secondly, a quilty blogger in Germany, be still my heart as I'm moving in Germany in 3 weeks and didn't know if there was much of a quilty/crafty scene there (I won't get started on the slight panic I'm having on not having a local quilt shop when I get to stroke yummy fabric!). So, anyways, I'm now following :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats some pretty awesome procrastinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look gorgeous Julia -- looks like you've been having toooo much fun! Love those macarons on your recipe blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really clever. It is not obvious how to handle blogspot design options, I find...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wohooo...ain't you the most super clever girl around!!!!! The designs are just wonderful...so pretty!!!! Big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it ... any chance you hire out?

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!