Monday, February 28, 2011

I wish I had...

...a 'vanishing cabinet' with its counterpart in NYC next month.
The American Folk Art Museum has brought together an awesome exhibition of red and white quilts from 300 years. "Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts" will be displayed from March, 25th to March, 30 th at the Park Avenue Armory.
Sigh.
one of the 650 (!) quilts displayed in the exhibition,
from the collection of joanna s. rose
picture from the american folk art museum website
 Ich wünschte, ich hätte für den nächsten Monat ein Verschwindekabinett mit einem Gegenstück in NYC.
Das American Folk Art Museum hat eine atemberaubende Ausstellung rot-weißer Quilts aus 300 Jahren zusammengestellt. "Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts" läuft vom 25. bis 30 März im Park Avenue Armory.
Seufz.

2 comments:

  1. You and Me both Julia! I'd LOVE to go to that quilt exhibit. Hopefully they'll find a permanent location for such a beautiful collection of quilts so that there might be more opportunities to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I would love to go as well! I wish this collection would travel someplace close to me!

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!