Friday, February 4, 2011

friday fabric focus - {hope valley}

 This week's feature: some prints of Denyse Schmidt's 'Hope Valley' collection.
I got them last autumn when...well, when I was bored...surfed too much...found a great sale online...and finally couldn't find a reason to resist any longer...so they somehow jumped in my shopping cart (oops). And I didn't want to be late to the party again, as I was with 'Flea Market Fancy', 'Katie Jump Rope' or 'Country Fair'...
I can see some new pillows in the future...hmm...but do you think these colours would go together with a beige couch??? Hmmm...wouldn't it be a good reason to get a new one? Like this one in dark brown? (This will have to wait a little while...but a girl can dream, can't she?)
In dieser Woche: Einige Stoffe der 'Hope Valley'-Kollektion von Denyse Schmidt.
Ich habe sie im letzten Herbst erworben als...naja, als mir langweilig war...zu viel gesurft auf zu vielen leckeren Onlineshop Seiten...dann gab's ein verlockendes Angebot...und schließlich konnte ich keinen Grund finden, noch länger standhaft zu sein...naja, sie sind irgendwie in meinen Einkaufswagen gehopst (oops). Außerdem wollte ich nicht schon wieder zu spät dran sein, wie bei 'Flea Market Fancy', 'Katie Jump Rope' oder 'Country Fair'...
Ich kann in Zukunft einige Kissen sehen...hmm...denkt Ihr, die grauen Farben passen zur beigen Couch? Hmmm...wäre doch 'ne gute Gelegenheit eine neue zu kaufen...wie diese hier in Dunkelbraun... (wird wohl noch eine ganze Weile warten müssen, aber träumen darf man ja...).

6 comments:

  1. I agree, I love Hope Valley and have some which I've only used for bits and pieces and never quite made a whole project with it. pillows would be lovely, the colours are so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours would go really well with a cream sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich finde schon, dass es hervorragend zu einer beigen Couch passen würde, allerdings ist ein neues Sofa ja auch nicht zu verachten :)
    Wir haben genau diese Couch übrigens in knallrot und sie hat bis jetzt 1,5 Jahre Fernsehgucken, Nickerchen machen und jede Woche Gäste fein ertragen :) Nur zu empfehlen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a lovely selection of fabric - sometime I hope to play with some

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I wasn't just late to the party, I missed it completely! I wasn't quilting then {or just beginning}, but I sure wish I was around! I noticed that many of the fabric collections that I love {as you mentioned FMF, KJR} are now out of print...and they are mostly by Free Spirit! What is up with Free Spirit?? I love your Hope Valley collection! I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @eileen
    oh, i feel your pain (i've got the same problem with even older lines...) - but that's life we seem to love what we don't get easily.
    btw, hope valley is still found online (check fabricworm.com, hawthornethreads.com or pinkchalkfabrics.com).
    fabric worm still has the bundle i got:
    http://www.fabricworm.com/deschovanewd.html
    and they are missing only 1 fabric to complete the whole collection...
    cheers,
    julia

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!