Sunday, March 20, 2011

Some Sunday Progress

some extra 1/4 circles for floh @ flohstiche
In the last two weeks I haven't touched my sewing machine except for some dusting. Partly, because I was so exhausted from work...and partly because I had a serious March hangover.
Hangovers are there to be overcome and this has to be done actively, so even though I was more than tired, I have sewn some seams on Wednesday...
On Thursday I cut out all pieces for 1 'Single Girl' ring and pieced a test quarter.

single girl quilt progress
 In den letzten zwei Wochen habe ich meine Nähmaschine so gut wie gar nicht angefasst - ausgenommen natürlich die Entfernung der lästigen Wollmäuse, die sich in unbeobachteten Momenten wie....Mäuse eben vermehren. Zum einen, weil ich nach der Arbeit einfach mal nur noch komatös auf der Couch rumlümmeln konnte, zum anderen, weil ich an einem schweren Fall von März-Kater habe.
Aber so ein Tief macht keinen Spaß und es hilft ja nix, man muss sich selbst daraus schieben und ziehen...also habe ich trotz Sandmann im Nacken am Mittwoch ein paar Nähte genäht...

 Am Donnerstag habe ich alle Teile für 1 'Single Girl' Ring zugeschnitten und habe ein Test-Viertel genäht.
sherbet pips single girl quarter ring
And finally settled on the fabrics for the Doll Quilt Swap 10 on Friday, although I haven't solved my dilemma ~ I've 2 ideas which are completely different in design & "feel". One is quite cute & whimsical and more objective, while the other is abstract and more "adult-y". At the moment, I tend towards the latter, because this is more challenging, new techniques to try, while the first idea would be perfect, because there's a lot of "me" in the design.
I'm sorry I can't show you the particular sketches, because I think they're quite specific and I don't want my partner to find out right now :).
fabric selection for dqs10
parisville, neptune, kona charcoal
Und schließlich hab ich mich am Freitag mit mir (hehe, nach langer Diskussion) auf eine Stoffauswahl für den Doll Quilt Swap 10 geeinigt, wobei mein Dilemma bezüglich des Quiltdesigns nach wie vor besteht ~ ich habe 2 konkrete Ideen, die sehr unterschiedlich sind. Die eine ist eher verspielt, niedlich und eher gegenständlich, während die andere Design-Idee abstrakt und "erwachsen" ist. Momentan tendiere ich zur letzteren, da sie mich doch mehr fordert & ich Neues ausprobieren kann, obwohl die andere Idee (niedlich!) sehr gut zu mir passt...
Tut mir leid, wenn ich hier nur kryptische Andeutungen mache, aber wenn ich meine Skizzen zeigen würde, wüsste meine Swap-Partnerin sofort, dass ich für sie nähe :).

5 comments:

  1. I hope you get to sew soon! Love your single girl block! What a great stack of fabrics at the end of the post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your single girl progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. genial sherbet pips für den single girl quilt.ich komme immoment gar nicht zum nähen weil so viel im garten zu tun ist.susanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello beautiful!!!
    Dust and hangover... Not good for sewing...:0)
    Let's hope for some happy sewing from now on... and with those stacks and the lovely Single Girl pattern you will have a wonderful quilt soon... Love that pattern... Where did you buy yours???
    No sewing for me either... Got stuck at tennis courts all day today... And guess what ... I forgot to take something crafty with me.... Humpffff...stupid...I know... But that's me...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julia -- your Pips are going to be fantastic! I sure wish I could settle on what I want to do with them. And whew! I'm sorry you had a hangover, but I'm sure glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!