Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Blocks

At our last guild meeting, Floh (Floh Stiche) brought some red circle appliqué blocks along with her big box of blue fabrics in order to sew a quilt for Japan (good news: the transport of the quilt to Japan is already organized). I agreed to make two blocks for her.
This evening I finally un-packed my sewing machine (which was still in her bag - more than a whole week!) and started sewing.
Let me tell you, "liberated" piecing is so much more work than anticipated :)
block 1
Bei unserem letzen Treffen der BMQG hat Floh (Floh Stiche) einige rote Appli-Kreise mitgebracht, zusammen mit ihrer großen Kiste blauer Stoffe, um einen Spendenquilt für Japan zu nähen (das Gute daran: der Transport nach Japan ist sogar schon organisiert). Ich habe mich angeboten, zwei der Blöcke zu nähen.
Heute Abend habe ich - nach über einer Woche! - endlich meine Nähmaschine ausgepackt und mich ans Nähen der Blöcke gemacht.
Also, ich habe festgestellt, so einfach war es nicht, den Block so völlig frei zu nähen (war überhaupt nicht einfach...ich musste teilweise nachträglich schneiden, damit nicht wieder alle Logs gleich breit werden) :)
block 2

3 comments:

  1. That's what I was afraid of. I like control and organization. "Liberated"--scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty. I need to try circles....but I stay way away from them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm a huge fan of blue and red :o)

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!