Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nearly Wordless Wordy Wednesday

 Oh, I can't believe I haven't come around to show you what my dear friend Monika made for my birthday about three weeks ago...she knows that I'm a sucker for all things Fig Tree...so she sewed the organizer which is featured in Joanna's Book 'Fresh Vintage Sewing'...just for me!!! Isn't she a gem?
I still haven't decided where to hang it - and what to fill it with...I don't want to stuff it with 'things'...it should be special things!
 Ich kann gar nicht glauben, dass ich noch nicht dazu gekommen bin, Euch das Geschenk zu zeigen, das  Monika zu meinem Geburtstag vor etwa drei Wochen gemacht hat...sie weiß, dass ich eine Schwäche für Fig Tree Stoffe habe...also hat sie - extra für mich - den Organizer aus Joannas Buch 'Fresh Vintage Sewing' genäht!!!
Noch habe ich weder entschieden, wo ich es aufhängen werde, noch, mit was ich es füllen möchte...es soll eben nicht 'Irgendetwas' reingestopft werden...in das Utensilio soll eben nur besondere Dinge kommen!

And this wasn't all, in addition to a beautifully embellished fabric card (it now lives in my inspiration rack...oops, I haven't taken a picture of it), I got the 4-in-1-tool by Alex Anderson, which consists of a seam ripper (!), a stiletto (super cool - using this you really can control your fabric right to the needle!), a stuffing tool (my Japanese chop sticks always damage the seams), and a wooden iron, which is perfect for pressing seams in between.
Und das war noch nicht alles, neben einer wunderschönen bestickten und befilzten Karte (sie steckt in meinem Inspirations-Regal, ups, davon habe ich gerade kein Foto gemacht), habe ich noch das 4-in-1-Tool von Alex Anderson bekommen, das einen Nahttrenner (!), ein Stiletto (einfach genial - dadurch kann man den Stoff wirklich bis zur Nadel führen!), ein 'Stuffing-Tool' (mein japanisches Stäbchen hat immer die Nähte durchtrennt) und ein Holz-Bügeleisen enthält, das sich super zum schnellen Ausbügeln kleiner Nähte eignet.

5 comments:

  1. diese 4-in-1-Tool ist ja wohl ein heißes Teil, das würde mir auch gefallen. ;-)
    LG
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely organiser, I think it needs to be filled with quilting tools, notebook, pencils and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's why we have birthdays LOL! That organizer is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julia! Oooohh!! What a pretty organiser your friend made you! You're right, it should only be used for 'pretty' things. Maybe some of your favourite fabrics or some ribbons, rick-rack etc. Whatever you put in it and wherever you hang it I know it will always remind you of your lovely friend! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Julia,
    für Dich doch immer gerne!!! Wie schön, wenn ich Dir eine kleine Freude machen konnte :)

    Ganz liebe Grüße und ein dicker Knuddeldrück
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen - ich freue mich über jeden einzelnen!

Thanks for taking the time commenting on my blog - I appreciate every single one!